The last time Diablo reared his demonic head was back in 2000 with Diablo 2 (though his hellspawn would swing back for some rabble rousing in 2001's expansion, Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction). Now, over a decade later, Blizzard is rolling out the much anticipated third entry and the annals of its hack-and-slash: Diablo 3 officially ships out May 15.
As it was with Starcraft 2, you can preorder a digital copy of the game right now directly through Blizzard to "be ready to play the minute the servers go live," according to the company. For fans of World of Warcraft, ponying up for an annual pass to the MMO will also net you a copy of Diablo 3 for free.
There's also a Collector's Edition on the way, with all this stuff for a crisp Franklin:
- Diablo 3 PC/Mac Game
- Behind the scenes DVD and Blu-Ray Two Disc Set
- Collectors Edition Soundtrack
- The Art of Diablo 3
- Diablo Skull and 4GB USB Soulstone
- Diablo 3 Aesthetic Artifacts (in-game)
- World of Warcraft pet (in-game)
- Starcraft 2 Battlenet Portraits (in-game)
Correction: This article briefly stated the release date of Diablo 3 as March 15. It has been corrected.