What do 8-bit characters do when the TV turns off? Well, according to a Californian high school student, they have entirely separate lives of their own. A life that, apparently, is modeled after skate punks from the '90s.
So, why 8-bit, and why Polaroids? Jherin Miller wanted to go all retro all the time: "My goal was to combine retro film photography and retro digital graphics into one interesting world, and you get to view this world and it's inhabitants through these 'photographs,'" Miller writes.
You can see the retro-cool fruits of Miller's labor in the gallery below.
More Art Meeting Technology
- 20 awesome animated photos that are more lifelike than 3D
- Painter captures paused VHS moments, right down to the scanlines
- 20 self portraits of Tokyo's 'Levitating Girl' Natsumi Hayashi
- The insane floating theatrical stages of Austria's Bregenz Festival
- 20 'Stormtrooper portraits' by photographer Kristina Alexanderson