Technology is inherently beautiful. It's amazing, the things that can be done with tech. Like, you're walking around with a tiny little device in your pocket that you can use to talk to someone on the other side of the world. It's crazy. But just because the tech inside is beautiful doesn't mean the outside has to be, since few are willing to sacrifice function for form.
Every once in a while, though, you get a gadget that hits that sweet spot encompassing both good looks and usefulness. And even less frequently, you get a gadget that includes some small brilliance of design that enables it to surpass merely good looking and become something unique. Yeah, in some cases you can probably get yourself something slightly cheaper that works just as well, but if you're a connoisseur of technology that is both beautiful and functional, you won't want to.
We've chosen nine of our favorite examples of technology that melds form with function, and most of them are even affordable enough for you to buy them for someone else. Or yourself. Check them out in the gallery below.
Like this list? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide, which is an easy place to find all of our holiday gift lists as we head on into the end-of-the-year gift-buying blitz.
More Geek Gift Ideas
- 8 ridiculously expensive tech gifts you'll actually want to buy
- 9 beautiful gadgets that are worth owning (You Are Here)
- 12 useful peripherals for that shiny new iPhone 4S
- 9 fully functional tech gifts you can wear
- 16 DIY projects that make perfect gifts for tech geeks
- 12 tech gifts for under $50 you can still get excited about
- You know you need help: 12 groovy gifts for your geeky girl
- 10 retro tech gifts for old school geeks
- 15 handmade geek gifts from small designers
- 25 nerdy watches that do more than just tell time
- 15 3D gadgets that are actually worth a look
- 16 upcycled and green gifts you can feel good about giving
- 11 cheap gifts guaranteed to impress science geeks