The first step is acceptance. Finding a great gift for your gal is really hard. There is probably not one woman alive who hasn't experienced the panicked or shifty-eyed stares of a gift giver who came up with an "under pressure" gift of fuzzy socks or a crock-pot for the holidays.
I understand how it happens. You waited too late, had no clue or you gave her something she said needed instead of wanted. Those gifts just aren't much fun; it's an epic fail and you know it.
Think of me as your concierge of cool gifts this year. C'mon, you know your girl. She's a gadget and game loving-fun-tech-freak like you. Together we can pull off some gifts that will both delight her, and relieve you. Everyone should be happy during the holidays. So boys, take notes — and ladies, don't be afraid to drop this list on your man as a little hint.
Like this list? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide, which is an easy place to find all of our holiday gift lists as we head on into the end-of-the-year gift-buying blitz.
More Geek Gift Ideas
- 8 ridiculously expensive tech gifts you'll actually want to buy
- 9 beautiful gadgets that are worth owning
- 12 useful peripherals for that shiny new iPhone 4S
- 9 fully functional tech gifts you can wear
- 16 DIY projects that make perfect gifts for tech geeks
- 12 tech gifts for under $50 you can still get excited about
- You know you need help: 12 groovy gifts for your geeky girl (You Are Here)
- 10 retro tech gifts for old school geeks
- 15 handmade geek gifts from small designers
- 25 nerdy watches that do more than just tell time
- 15 3D gadgets that are actually worth a look
- 16 upcycled and green gifts you can feel good about giving
- 11 cheap gifts guaranteed to impress science geeks