Dreaming of a "white Christmas" is so 20th Century. Welcome to the 21st Century, where we think of the holiday season as green — and we don't mean cash. Today, with so many stresses on our environment and the need to be mindful consumers, many people are looking for that special "green" gift that will keep on giving.
Never fear — we've scoured the web for the grooviest gifts that embody all kinds of green giving. Whether upcycled products bringing something old back to life, something made from left over materials or something that simply brings a bit of nature back into our increasingly urban lives we think all these gifts are wicked cool.
Like this list? Check out our Holiday Gift Guide, which is an easy place to find all of our holiday gift lists as we head on into the end-of-the-year gift-buying blitz.
More Geek Gift Ideas
- 8 ridiculously expensive tech gifts you'll actually want to buy
- 9 beautiful gadgets that are worth owning
- 12 useful peripherals for that shiny new iPhone 4S
- 9 fully functional tech gifts you can wear
- 16 DIY projects that make perfect gifts for tech geeks
- 12 tech gifts for under $50 you can still get excited about
- You know you need help: 12 groovy gifts for your geeky girl
- 10 retro tech gifts for old school geeks
- 15 handmade geek gifts from small designers
- 25 nerdy watches that do more than just tell time
- 15 3D gadgets that are actually worth a look
- 16 upcycled and green gifts you can feel good about giving (You Are Here)
- 11 cheap gifts guaranteed to impress science geeks