News just in from the Lincolnshire village of Leadenham in Blighty alerts us to the fact that the silly season is in full swing. A flying thong disrupted power to a dozen houses and caused a traffic light failure. The thong is thought to have been carried from a party at the local Polo club on a helium balloon and, dampened by rain, caused a short circuit of the power line.
A spokesman from the local electricity company said that the power failure was more risque than risky, before reminding people of the dangers of mixing pants with power. "If people do see something on the lines, don't try and get them down yourselves, that is when it becomes dangerous."
BBC News Via Creative Commons