The Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (that's "BRAIN") Initiative is about to spend $40 million from the National Institutes of Health on neuroscience research. On what? Well, they've just now decided:
- Generate a Census of Cell Types
- Create Structural Maps of the Brain
- Develop New Large‐Scale Network Recording Capabilities
- Develop a Suite of Toolsfor Circuit Manipulation
- Link Neuronal Activity to Behavior
- Integrate Theory, Modeling, Statistics, and Computation with Experimentation
- Delineate Mechanisms Underlying Human Imaging Technologies
- Create Mechanisms to Enable Collection of Human Data
- Disseminate Knowledge and Training
Our vote for #10 is "more pretty pictures."
Every day, DVICE selects fresh images, videos and more from the wonderful world of technology. See them all by clicking this link.